We’re happy to announce that the Bette Allison Memorial Scholarship for female students is still available.
The Bette Allison Memorial Scholarship gives financial assistance to female students pursuing degrees in Exercise and Sports Science. The scholarship is worth $3,600 and pays $1,800 every semester (pro-rata for part-time study).
More About the Bette Allison Memorial Scholarship For Female Students 2021
- You must be a current ECU student to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is open to undergraduate students studying the selected Bachelor of Science and Education courses.
The Bette Allison Memorial Scholarship is hosted by Edith Cowan University, Australia.
The scholarship is open to Australian citizens or permanent residents.
The scholarship offers payments of $1,800 per semester (pro-rata for part-time study) for a total of $3,600.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- be female;
- be able to provide evidence of financial hardship or low socioeconomic status (usually demonstrated by being in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink allowance);
- be currently studying in one of the following undergraduate Bachelor degree courses:
- Bachelor of Science (Exercise Science and Rehabilitation) – M90;
- Bachelor of Science (Sports Science and Football) – Y56;
- Bachelor of Education Secondary (Major in Health and Physical Education) – Y68; or
- Bachelor of Science (Exercise and Sports Science) – M89.
- be enrolled in a minimum of 30 credit points;
- have successfully completed a minimum of 60 credit points towards your current related course;
- hold an academic status of Good Standing; and
- not be in receipt of any other major scholarships, awards or similar financial support/sponsorship (except Commonwealth Scholarships or Student Start-Up or Relocation Scholarship payments via Centrelink).
Selection will be based on:
- demonstration of financial hardship and/or personal hardship; and
- content of your application form and personal statement.
How to Apply
Application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal. Access to the portal is available between application opening and closing dates.
You will also be required to provide a 1000 word personal statement describing the following:
- financial situation and how the scholarship will assist with your studies;
- a personal and/or financial situation that has caused you to be disadvantaged; and
- reason for choosing the course and your career goals.
Below are the important dates for the Bette Allison Memorial Scholarship 2021: Opening date: 1st August annually Closing date: 1st September annually
For more information on the Bette Allison Memorial Scholarship 2021, click on the link below:
Contact the Scholarships Office.