Documents Required for Screening and Admission

The Required Screening Documents for University Admission. There are two phases of admission screening. which are pre-admission screening (known as Post UTME) and the Matriculation screening (departmental and faculty)? Matriculation screening will only take place after you have been given full admission to the university of your choice.

The screening process is very strict if you don’t adhere to the specific admission requirements of each school or read through special considerations. Below are the necessary documents required for a successful admission screening in UNILAG, DELSU, UNIBEN, OAU, UNIJOS, LASU, FUTO, FUTA, IMSU, OOU, UI, OAU, UNIPORT, and every other university in Nigeria.

You will first go through departmental screening after that, you will go through faculty screening, and from there, your files will be sent to student and exam records for Matriculation Number and proper documentation. Without a Matriculation number, you not a student.

The following are the required screening documents for university admission:

O’Level Result.

Your WAEC, NECO, or GCE is your O level (ordinary level) result which you must take along for the admission process. If it is up to four years you wrote the O level (ordinary level) examination, you will have to present the original certificate of your result not a statement of results. If you don’t have the original credentials, (for those who just wrote the exam) you will be screened with the computer print-out and O’level statement of result…

You can use one or two O level result depending on the University policy. You can use a combination of WAEC & GCE result, NECO & WAEC result, GCE & NECO, 2 WAEC result, 2 GCE result, 2 NECO result to gain admission.

  • Correct Subject Combination – To gain admission, you must PASS the required secondary school subjects in your O level examination and also the required secondary school subjects in JAMB UTME. During your departmental screening exercise, these combinations will be checked thoroughly. Use the search box below to check your preferred course O level and JAMB subject combinations.

A level Certificate.

A level (Advanced level) Certificate for those who want to pass through Direct Entry. IJMB, JUBEB, CAMBRIDGE, HND, NABTEB, and NCE

School Leaving Certificate (Testimonial)

You are expected to present your Testimonial during the screening process. If you’re using a WAEC or NECO result, the school name must tally with the name on your School Leaving Certificate. If you’re presenting a GCE result, no issue, but you must still present a Testimonial.

Admission Letter:

You will also present your Admission Letter or original JAMB result during screening. You can get JAMB original results at a cyber cafe.

Birth Certificate (DOB):

I don’t need to explain what a Birth Certificate is and every student should possess one.
If you don’t have a birth certificate, you should go and swear an Affidavit in a Magistrate Court and make sure your name corresponds with your O level / A level result.

The Local Government of Origin Certificate:

This Certificate is very important for screening especially in a State University because it gives you an identity and other benefits such as Scholarship. You can get the Certificate in your State Local Government.

In addition to the above mentioned documents, you may be also be required to come along with a testimonial from your secondary school. Other higher institutions may request for a guarantor’s or Referee’s letter. In most cases, Your school will specify the documents needed for the screening exercises.

You May Also Like