The GCU Student Portal & Parent Login Page is intended to keep you up-to-date on your educational progress, resources, record, and reports. The GCU Student Portal allows you to access your LoudCloud classroom, view your counsellor information, and check your GCU email.
If you don’t yet have access or need a refresher on how to use both portals, these instructions are for you.
This article provides an in-depth look at the ‘major how-tos’ on the Grand Canyon University Students and Parents Portals. It will also cover how to reset your password, how to contact GCU support, Important links, social media handles, and other topics.
About Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University is well-known for its Christian perspective. It was established in 1949, as a private, four-year, for-profit institution. Its Student-to-Faculty ratio is 19 to one despite the fact that less than 10% of the faculty are full-time employees. Evening classes and the traditional campus-based courses; Online and hybrid options are available through the GCU College of Arts and Science, College of Doctoral Studies, College of Education, College of Nursing, College of Fine Art, and Production, College of Christian Studies and the Ken Blanchard College of Business. GCU has active intramural sports like Bowling, Broomball, and Ultimate Frisbee, as well as up to 13 student clubs and Organizations.
GCU provides an enabling environment for educational and personal growth. The campus is worth calling home for the duration of your academic work, with state-of-the-art, athletic and living facilities. GCU provides fast-track options and four-credit courses to help you can graduate faster with less debt.
How to access the GCU Student Portal and set up your student account
To access the GCU Student Portal, follow the steps below
- Locate the new account email from GCU tech support. This email includes your username, email address, and password
- Navigate to the GCU student portal
- Click on Student Access
- Input your username. (your GCU email address i.e firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click the next button to complete the process
Note: Set up your password recovery options. I recommend that you use your phone number and email address together to enable easy password recovery in the future.
If you cannot access your student account, return to the previous page and click on the GCU Student Portal Login Help or Student Portal And Adjunct Faculty Password Reset. The first link will give technical support and provide information on possible solutions to your login issues while the second link will guide you through password recovery. See the information below on how to recover your GCU password.
How to Reset Your GCU Student Portal Password
Remember that you had three password recovery options while setting up your account; phone number, email address, or both. If you did, your password recovery process will be a lot smoother. Please follow the process below.
- Navigate to the GCU student portal at gcuportal.gcu.edu
- Select Student Access (you need to sign out to complete the process)
- If you decide to use the email authentication option, go to the password reset page and enter your GCU Student Portal email address.
- Complete the CAPTCHA on the page and click on Next.
- On the newly presented password screen, choose from the options provided.
- Reset your password following the password criteria provided.
- For errors and troubleshooting regarding your password, go back to the support page.
How to access the GCU Parent Portal and set up your Parent account.
The GCU parents portal allows you to access students’ information electronically. It allows you to view financial updates, see important GCU announcements, and more.
Please note that access to the Parents portal can only be initiated through a document requiring eSignature or from the electronic Student Information Release Form (eSIRF). Both ways are acquired only by invitation. The eSIRF is recommended as it allows for full parent Portal Access while the eSignature process will limit access to only information from inside the portal.
How to access the GCU Parents’ Portal through eSIRF
To access the GCU Parents’ Portal through the eSIRF process, please follow the steps below.
- You (the student) should complete the eSIRF form
- Contact your Student Services Counselor (SSC) to enable the form for you
- Sign in to the GCU portal to locate the electronic document
- Access Portal E Docs by clicking on Edocs or navigating to the E-documents Portal
- Enter your username and password (do not add @my.gcu.edu) and click Login
- Select the Student Information Release Form.
- Select the radio button for ‘I wish to grant the following third party the ability to receive my information.’
- Under the reason for release, select the radio button for ‘Parent/Guardian’ for an invitation to the Parent Portal.
- Under information to be released, select the information you want your parent/guardian to have access to.
- Enter your parent or guardian’s demographic information and email address.
- The provided email address will receive an invitation to register for the parent portal.
- Choose and input a FERPA PIN/Password and communicate this to your parent or guardian to enable them to complete their part of the registration process.
After you have completed the processes described above, your parent or guardian will complete the steps below
- Access the email invitation from email@example.com.
- Click on the provided link in the email to set up an account.
- Enter the email address and password provided by your student.
- Choose a new password.
- Access the parents portal anytime by navigating to Navigate to the GCU portal at https://parent.gcu.edu/.
To access the GCU Parents’ Portal through the eSignature process, please follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the GCU student portal at https://gcuportal.gcu.edu
- Click on Student Access and sign in.
- Access the EDocs Portal on your student portal
- Fill out the forms and include your parent’s or guardian’s name and email address
- The provided email address will receive an invitation to register for the Parent Portal
After you have completed the processes described above, your parent or guardian will click on the provided link in the email address to complete the Parent account setup.
Note Creating an account through the Document Signature process, will only allow your parent access to the form itself. To grant full access to all your information, you will need to fill out an eSIRF.
How to Reset Your GCU Parent Portal Password
Please follow the steps below to reset your GCU Parent Portal Password
- Navigate to the University portal at gcuportal.gcu.edu
- Select Parent Access (you need to sign out to complete the process)
- Click on the forgot password. Link on the Parent Portal login page.
- Enter your email address and click on the Email link button.
- You will get a link to reset your password from your email address.
- Visit the support page for any errors or troubleshooting.
How to Apply to Grand Canyon University
You have made a good decision in choosing Grand Canyon University. You will discover here that the application process is quite easy to navigate through. Follow the guidelines below
- Visit the University website
- Click on the Apply now button at the top right corner of your screen
- Use the downward-facing arrows to choose the options that apply to you.
- Click on the Next button
- Follow the prompts and input all the needed information
- Click on the Accept and Submit button
How To Reach GCU Support
You can reach GCU support by following the embedded links at https://support.gcu.edu/hc/en-us. Here, you will have access to links for almost all kinds of support you may require on the GCU portal including Accounts and Passwords, eBooks, Classroom resources, Campus resources, and more.
Important links to the GCU portal logins and social media accounts
We hope we have been able to answer your questions and queries. Check out some of our recent posts to know more.
Develop your college performance
5 signs to know you are good at accounting
How to write creative assignment using paraphrasing tools
When should student ask for academic support