Subject Combinations for Mass Communication (WAEC & JAMB) » Admission requirements to study Mass Communication in any accredited Nigerian university.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Why Study Mass Communication ? A professional course in mass communication opens doors for a career in films & TV, publishing, public relations, journalism, editing, direction, filmmaking, scriptwriting, production, etc. In nutshell, Mass Communication widens up the horizon of career options for a person.
This page provides the following:
- Mass Communication O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Mass Communication Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Mass Communication UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Mass Communication.
Please read the Mass Communication programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Mass Communication coursein Nigeria universities. These subjects combination are also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Mass Communication must include:
- Literature in English Language
- English Language
- Any Nigerian Language
- Civic Education
- Pass In Mathematics is accepted
- A trade subject
List Of Universities You Can Study Mass Communication
Below are universities that study Mass Communication in Faculty of Administration;
- NASARAWA (NSUK)
UTME REQUIREMENT FOR MASS COMMUNICATION
Below is the UTME Requirement for Mass Communication in faculty of Administration
Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Literature in English and Government plus a pass in Mathematics.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
- CRUTECH requires ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Literature in English, Government and any other Social Science or Arts subjects.
- ESUTECH requires ‘O’ level credit pass in Economics and accepts History or Government.
- RSUST requires credits in Mathematics, Economics and any other three (3) subjects.
- WELLSPRING accepts a pass in Mathematics provided the candidate has a total of five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes including English language, Government/History, and Literature in English.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR MASS COMMUNICATION
Below is the Direct Entry (DE) Requirement for Mass Communication in faculty of Administration.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Literature in English Economics or Government.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
- AAUA accepts two (2) ‘A’ level passes or ND upper credit in Mass from recognised institutions
- CRUTECH and ESUTECH accept ND upper credit or HND in Mass Communication from any recognized institution. Also requires Direct Entry applicants to possess the UTME requirements.
- RSUST accepts
a) ND upper credit in relevant programmes or a Degree/HND not relevant to the programme for admissions to 200 level;
b) A Degree/HND relevant to the programme for admissions to 300 level;
- WELLSPRING accepts two (2) ‘A’ level passes (including NABTEB), as well as ND in Mass Communication from recognised institutions