LATEST UPDATE: The List of candidates who have been offered provisional admission into Sokoto State University, Sokoto (SSU) for undergraduate programmes for the 2022/2023 Academic session is out. Candidates were selected based on their performance in the last Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Post-UTME.
You will be able to check SSU Admission List 2022 on SSU Admission Status checker Portal and on Jamb CAPS following the procedures listed in this guide.
IS SSU ADMISSION LIST OUT?
This is to inform all the candidates that participated in the Sokoto State University (SSU) last post UTME screening exercise that the management of the university has released the admission list for the 2022/2023 academic session.
NOTE: The list will only contains the names of admitted candidates offered Admission in the Sokoto State University via JAMB (both UTME and Direct Entry candidates) .
How to Check SSU Admission List.
Candidates can Check their SSU Admission List/Status in two different ways.
One is checking via Jamb Portal and the other is checking via the school admission portal as Guided below.
Follow the step-by-step guide below to check your SSU Admission Status via Jamb portal..
- Go to SSU admission status checking portal at https://www.ssu.edu.ng/admission-status
- Follow the instructions on the page and navigate to the admission status page
- Enter your Details to check your admission status
Below are Steps To Check Your SSU Admission Status 2022/2023 on JAMB CAPS Portal.
ALTERNATIVELY, you can also access your SSU admission status from JAMB admission status checking portal, by following the procedure outlined below:
- Go to jamb.org.ng/efacility.
- Login to your Jamb profile with your username and password.
- Scroll down then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab.
- Select your Exam year and Enter your registration number in the required columns.
- Finally, click on ‘Check Admission Status‘ to access your SSU admission status.
JAMB CAPS Admission Status and Their Meaning.
The JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is an admission processing system that is meant towards ensuring quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process.
JAMB CAPS makes provision for a “market place” in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and “request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.
If you are offered admission on the JAMB CAPS portal, you can choose to accept or reject the admission.
Below are the JAMB Admission Status you will see on JAMB CAPS Portal and what they mean.
- If you See “Not Admitted”: This has two (2) interpretations:
- Your school is yet to upload your details for admission consideration.
- You have not been considered for admission.
- If You See “Admission in Progress”: You have met all the requirements for admission consideration. Those requirements as set by the school on CAPS by the Admission Officer include:
i. Jamb Cut-off Point for your department
ii. Post Jamb Departmental Minimum Score
iii. Ordinary Level Result (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) °the one you uploaded on jamb portal
The JAMB CAPS STATUS “Admission in Progress” has 3 meanings as follows:
- Proposed: This means that you have been suggested by JAMB CAPS based on the criteria programmed by the school on CAPS. The school is meant to download this list for reviewing.
- Recommended: This stage implies that your admission proposal by CAPS has been looked into and accepted by the school. At this point, the school has given you admission based on the proposal made to them by CAPS. They will forward the list to Jamb for final approval.
- Approved: Your admission has been confirmed by JAMB to see if you were part of the lists they had proposed to the school before. At this point, JAMB notifies you to accept or reject the offer. That’s all for “admission in progress”.
- If You See “Admitted”: At this point, you can accept or reject your admission.
What to do if SSU Doesn’t Admit you
- Candidates who have not been offered admission yet should closely monitor their admission through JAMB CAPS.
- Candidates who used “awaiting result” during their registration are to upload their O’Level result on JAMB portal so that their institution of choice will be able to process their admission.
If you used awaiting Result then you have to upload upload your result immediately. Follow the steps below to do so.
How to Upload O’Level Result on JAMB
- Visit an accredited JAMB CBT centre or JAMB office or JAMB registration centre/café closest to you.
- Ensure you go along with a copy of your O’level result (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) as well as the email address you used during the online registration and your JAMB profile code.
- Once you get there, request for an upload of your O’level result on JAMB portal.
- SSU Admission List Status Checker
- Get SSU Post UTME Application Form for 2022
- See SSU School fees & Acceptance fee Schedule for 2022/2023 Here
- Check complete SSU Cut off Mark and Admission Requirements Here
That was how to access the SSU Admission List 2022, Admission Status checker Portal to see if you are admitted.