The National Examinations Council (NECO) has released a new marking scheme for examination markers. Unlike the west African Examinations council marking and grading system, NECO has been discovered to be even more strict when it comes to marking, scoring, and grading students. No wonder people say that the NECO examination is harder than WAEC examination.
The system used in marking NECO examination scripts is called COEM which means:
- C = Content
- O= Organisation
- E = Expression
- M=Mechanical Accuracy.
How the NECO Examination sheet is marked
Every subject has its marking scheme, and it is this guide the examiners used to arrive at the grade you see in your NECO result. For the sake of this article, I will explain how Mathematics, English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are marked.
A candidate asked – will I pass if I answered 3 out of 5 questions in NECO mathematics theory?
The NECO mathematics comprises of 50 objective and 13 theory questions. The theory questions are divided into part I and Part II.
You are to answer ten questions in mathematics theory; all the questions in Part I and five questions in Part II.
The objective questions take 40% of the total mark while the theory makes the remaining 60%. Therefore, for you to score A, you must answer 40 correct questions in the objective and at least 8 in theory.
Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
To pass NECO Chemistry, Physics and Biology are easy if you understand what I am about to explain. These three subjects have practical, objective, and theory section.
The practical section takes 35% of the mark, the 50 objective questions take 25%, and the theory makes the remaining 40%. So it means that if you want to pass these subjects, you must do the theory, the practical, and objective well in that order.
There are 160 objective questions (oral English included) and the theory (comprehension, essay writing).
- The objective section – 40%
- The theory section – 60%
I have E8 in my mathematics this year , I am not sure of what want wrong or what I did wrong
hmm, that’s serious
If i put number 11 question for number 6 will that questions be markef
Yes, it will be marked.
Never,that question what will be total cancel,answer according to your numbering
What will happen,I did alot of cancellation in my physics graph due to mistake,but the data are correct any help please
I did some cancellation on my physics graph due to some mistake,but I know the data is correct,will I be mark wrong for that roughness,answer please
I answered 5 good questions in physics and maths neco, will i pass?
Pls hw many mark Is oral English because i answered only eleven correctly
I answered two questions on one sheet….. Will it be marked?
I answered two questions on one page…. Will it be marked??.
I answered 9 questions